“Event” means a challenge hosted on the www.fegm.uk platform whereby any kind of physical activity is undertaken by you, the Participant, including but not limited to horse riding & yard activities, walking, running, step counting, cycling and other activities at a time and location chosen by the Participant.
“Event Organisers” means Forces Equine
“Fee” means the price of entry payable prior to participation.
“Online Registration Form” means the pages within the website which must be completed prior to participation.
“Online Confirmation” means confirmation of acceptance (via email) to participate in the Event
“Participant” means the named person on the official entry form.
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out below.
“Website” means www.fegm.uk
Participants agree that:
The event organiser is released from all claims connected with the event. Participants indemnify the event organiser, beneficiaries, charities, partners, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the participant’s participation.
Participation, at a time and location chosen by them, is at their own risk and they accept this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
They have the required physical fitness for and that they are capable of completing their chosen activity.
They are not aware of any medical impairment or condition that will affect their health by participation.
They are paying for entry into an activity based event, and that they are not merely buying the medal. The medal is the reward for all participants who have taken part in their challenge.
They will only receive a medal if they have registered and paid for the challenge.
All medals will be posted to the address provided on registration, or made available to an agreed workplace or other location for collection.
This is an online based activity challenge and is not tracked or monitored by marshals or medical personnel at any time.
Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
They will not publish or post on any website or other media (including fundraising webpage) any text, statement, photograph, image or other material which relates to the event and/or sponsors of the event which is obscene, blasphemous, defamatory, infringes the intellectual property or other legal rights of any third party or is otherwise unlawful, offensive or inappropriate.
- The relevant date for registrations shall be the date the participant receives an Online Receipt/Confirmation. Forces Equine is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer/Internet transmissions or other errors or malfunctions of any kind which may prevent receipt by Forces Equine of a registration.
- After clearance of the appropriate payment, the Participant shall receive an Online Confirmation. No refunds shall be provided should a Participant fail to take part in the Event, for any other reason save in exceptional circumstances as determined by the Event Organisers in their absolute discretion, which shall not include, without limitation, injuries, unavailability, oversight of diary commitments, not acknowledging the full event scheduling or holidays.
- If any provision in the Terms and Conditions, whether in full or in part, is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other remaining provisions (in full or in part) shall continue to be valid and enforceable. The Terms and Conditions shall be subject to English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2.0: The Event
- The Event is held at the time and place of the Participants choosing.
- No drugs, illegal substances, performance enhancing substances or intoxicants of any kind are permitted to be used by any Participant either before or during participation in the Event.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right and license throughout the world (and, the Participant hereby grants the Event Organisers such exclusive right and license) to the unlimited use of the participants display name and uploaded image, and any associated publicity available social media posts relating to the event; in connection with the production, advertisement, marketing or promotion of any Forces Equine event.
3.0: Event Participation – Participants Declaration
- The Participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Participant acknowledges that participation in and training for the Event involves potentially dangerous physical activity and inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal injury (including death) and loss or damage to property. By completing and submitting the Online Registration Form and the Online Confirmation, the Participant confirms that, to the best of their knowledge, they are healthy and fit to take part, they understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks. The Participant further understands that the Event Organisers reserve the right to refuse the Participant’s attendance at, and/or participation in the Event.
- The Event Organisers do not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss or damage that may arise in connection with the attendance at, and/or participation in the Event by each Participant. The Participant is advised to obtain such insurance themselves if required.
- The Participant acknowledges and agrees that:
3.4.1: Subject to clause 3.4.4, the Participant shall:
- fully indemnify and keep the Event Organisers fully indemnified from and against all liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by the Participant; and
- irrevocably indemnify and hold harmless, and reimburse the Event Organisers from and for any sum, costs or expenses (including legal and professional fees) incurred, payable or paid by the Event Organisers to any person (including the Participant’s insurers) in connection with any accident, loss, damage or injury (including death) arising out of the Participant’s attendance at, participation in, or training for the Event.
- Subject to clause 3.4.4, the Event Organisers shall not be responsible for any losses the Participant suffers as a result of the Event Organisers’ breach unless such losses were reasonably foreseeable to both the Participant and the Event Organisers as at the date of the Participant’s registration for the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, the Event Organiser will not be liable to the Participant in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise in connection with the Event for loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings or loss of data); or goodwill or reputation; or any special or indirect or consequential losses; for any personal injury to or death of the Participant;
- Subject to clause 3.4.4, the Event Organiser’s liability to the Participant shall in any event be limited to the refund of the Fee.
3.4.4: Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall affect the Event Organiser’s liability:
- for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Event Organisers or a deliberate act or omission of the Event Organisers, its employees or agents;
- for breach of statutory duty;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited by law.
3.5: Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall affect any statutory rights to which the Participant may be entitled to as a consumer.